Experience with Math

I would like to share my story about math with you. I started math when I was 4 years old I started in preschool. When I grew up, my Dad taught my match above my level like 1,506+345=1,851. The methods I have learned are vertical form, chip model, mental match, tent strategy, place value disks, word form, using fingers and place value.

When I was little I learned simple Addition like 1+2=2, 2+2=4, 3+3=6 and 5+5=10. When I was a little older I learned subtraction like 10-8=2, 10-7=3, 10-6=4, 10-5=5, 10-4=6 and 10-3=7. When I was older I learned time table. I learned match with my Dad, Mom and teachers.

I wrote this paragraph so you can know my story about math. I think I am good at math because I know a lot. I think I accomplished a lot in math. I think I need to practice my time table more.


I hope you enjoyed my story about math and I would like to hear your story.

Comments

  1. I'm happy to hear you have had a good experience with math and enjoy learning math! I'm excited you mentioned the math strategies we learned in class such as vertical form, chip model, mental math, tent strategy, place value disks, and place value chart. Which strategy is your favorite and why? I really enjoy teaching math and learning about math too! Hope you are having a wonderful Winter Break with your lovely family!

    Miss Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year