Experience with Math - Part2

I would like to share my top 3 favorite forms in math. My favorite form is vertical form, my second favorite is chip model and my third favorite is place value disks.

I like vertical from the best because it is a easier and faster way to figure out the problem. I learned vertical form with my mom, Dad and second grade teacher Ms. Ishida. Vertical form helps me by being more knowledgeable in math.

I like chip model second because it is really easy. You just have to draw dots on a place value chart. I learned with my second grade teacher. Chip model helps me because it is really easy and it saves a lot of time and all you need to do is to draw and count.

I like place value disks because you write 1, 10 or 100 and circle it. Ms. Ishida my second grade teacher taught me it. Place value disks helps me by just having to add up the numbers.

I shared my 3 favorite. Now I would like to hear your top three favorites. I would also like to hear who taught you. 

Comments

  1. I enjoy teaching math because there are so many great strategies you can use for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. My three favorite strategies are chip model, mental math, and number bonds. It's great to teach various strategies because people learn differently and knowing different strategies makes learning math easier. I learned these strategies from my elementary school teachers, Eureka Math trainings, and math workshops.

    Miss Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year